GP CPD training
Welcome to the GPLectures learning portal.
GPLectures is an open teaching and learning platform for doctors. For those of you that want to teach, we host your lectures. For those of you that want to learn, we provide full access to all of our lectures online, streamed to you at your convenience.
Our lectures are a mixture of studio recorded live lectures and advanced podcasts. The GPLectures project is ongoing and we are continually updating our lectures so that you can keep your knowledge relevant and fresh.
In addition, with our new closed forum (available to registered users only), our new website gives all medical professionals (not just GPs) the opportunity to discuss with others in the healthcare community on topics that impact their professional lives.
GP CPD training puts computer-based video training modules onto the Web, which GPs can then access at their convenience. There are many GP CPD training videos available on the website in many different topic areas. These courses provide a hands-on, interactive way for GPs and staff to work through training presentations that are similar to a live lecture with PowerPoint, on their own. Training materials are standardised because all trainees will use the same program. Materials are also easy to update, so your training is always in step with best practice.
Some advantages of online GP CPD
- Can help GPs to meet the requirements for appraisal and revalidation.
- Online or e-learning programs are effective for training across multiple practices.
- Online saves GP practices money on travel expenses.
- GP practices can benefit from less expensive way to get training from expert industry professionals and consultants from outside the UK.
- GPs will find them useful for refresher training.
- Online is good for self-directed learning.
- This is a fast way to update procedures, and compliance issues.